MT. PLEASANT SHOWDOWN – 37th ANNUAL OPEN PROSPECT CALF SHOW
Fairfield County Fair SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2023 Showtime- 1:00 PM Judge: TBA
Entry Fee- $25 per head. Entries only accepted day of show.
- All calves must be in place by 9:00AM show day.
- All cattle released after show.
- Calves will be weighed at 9:00AM and show by weight.
- This is a Beef show. No Dairy breeding accepted.
- Calves must be dropped after Jan.1, 2023.
- NEW- Weight limit is 300-850 lbs.
- Calves must be castrated. Dehorning is recommended.
- CALVES MUST BE BROKEN TO LEAD AND SHOW.
- Steers and heifers shown in separate classes.
- Market heifer class will be added if a minimum of 5 head entered. Otherwise, market heifers will show in steer classes.
- Heifers may be “double entered” to show in market and breeding classes.
- The Beef Committee reserves the right to reject any calf that does not meet the physical requirements as to size, age, quality, castration, etc.
- Out of state cattle must present Health Certificate from Certified Veterinarian according to ODA regulations.
Class Premiums: $45-$38-$35-$32-$30-$25-$20
Grand Champion Prospect $450 Grand Champion Heifer $450 Res Grand Prospect $300 Res Grand Heifer- $300
Sponsored by: Muskingum Livestock- Dennis Ruff Granville Milling- John Reed In Memory of Francis Bope & Donn Leith
For more info, contact the following:
Fair Beef Directors – Nancy Myers 740/808-2670 or Doug Leith 740/468-9292